Family Immigration

Lyndhurst Family & Individual Immigration Law Firm

Guiding clients through all family and individual immigration matters

Parents Giving Children Piggyback Ride In GardenLaw Offices of Salvatore A. Falletta, LLC handles all immigration issues related to the family and individual. Our firm handles all immigration issues, including adjustment of status, consular processing, fiancé visas, I-601-A waivers, I-751 petitions, green cards, and much more. Our firm is fully prepared to assess your situation, guide you through your legal options, and skillfully represent your interests and future. If you need an effective attorney with over 20 years of experience handling immigration issues, contact Law Offices of Salvatore A. Falletta, LLC to discuss your case.

Adjustment of Status

When people wish to work or live in the United States permanently, they will work towards permanent residency. If applicable, their adjustment of status will help them accomplish permanent residency while already within the borders of the United States. Once a person achieves permanent residency, they are required to carry their green card, the document that establishes residency. If you are interested in the process of adjusting your status, you must reside within the United States and satisfy certain criteria.

Fiancé Visas

If a citizen of the United States is engaged to a non-citizen, they may wish to apply for a fiancé visa to change the immigration status of their loved one. They need to apply for a K-1 visa in order to marry and for their spouse to live in the country. According to federal law, if a person is granted a K-1 visa, the couple will have to marry within 90 days of the foreign fiancé’s entry to the United States. Failure to satisfy this rule would require the fiancé to leave within 30 days of the time provided. Once a couple is married, the foreign spouse can apply for an adjustment of status and start the process that will lead them on the path towards naturalization.

Consular Processing

The federal government established the Immigration and Nationality act to provide those who wish to become lawfully permanent residents the path towards citizenship. According to the act, there are two ways to become a lawful permanent resident: adjustment of status and consular processing. Adjustment of status is for people already in the United States. Consular processing is for those who reside outside of the country and would like to legally immigrate.

Conditional Residence

In some cases, conditions on one’s residency can impact a person’s ability to stay in the United States. In order to protect one’s status, it may be imperative to have those conditions removed through an I-751 petition. The I-751 petition is important for those who have received permanent residency through marriage. In order to protect oneself from the possibility of deportation, it is important to consult with an attorney.

I 601-A Waivers

There are countless factors that can impact one’s immigration status. Some can even deny admissibility or bar a person from entering the country. Even if a person is already here, an adjustment of status can be impacted by health issues, criminal history, security violations, and illegal entry. In order to convince the United States that an individual should be allowed to stay or enter, one may have to apply for an I-601A waiver.

3-10 Year Bar

When a person wishes to adjust their status, there are many issues that can impact the process. There are countless obstacles that deny and delay individuals from becoming lawful permanent residents. If an individual has been illegally living in the United States for a certain period of time and voluntarily leaves, he or she may run into some issues.  A 3 or 10-year bar can stop a person from obtaining a green card and prohibit them from coming back to the country for a predetermined period of time.

Green Cards

A green card is for those who are in the process of becoming a lawful permanent resident of the United States. A green card provides the holder immigration benefits and is permitted to reside within the United States and take employment within its borders. If you are interested in becoming a permanent resident of the United States, you need to satisfy some requirements to obtain a green card.