Single Blog Title

This is a single blog caption

How do I get an H1-B Visa?

Noncitizens wishing to work in New York State must jump through several hoops to do so. This is a very involved process, so you most likely have several questions about the next step forward, primarily whether or not you will qualify. If you believe you may qualify for an H-1B Visa, here are some of the questions you may have:

What is an H-1B Visa?

Basically, an H-1B Visa is a work visa that permits employers to temporarily hire noncitizens in certain specific occupations. Unfortunately, most ordinary jobs will not qualify, and you will generally only qualify if you are in a very technical field that requires foreign assistance. You will also either need a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in work experience, and the job offered must require a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. 

What are some professions that qualify for an H-1B Visa?

If you are looking into an H-1B Visa, the first thing you should do is review the following list of professions that generally qualify. Some of the occupations and fields that may qualify for an H-1B Visa are as follows:

  • Architecture
  • Engineering
  • Biotechnology 
  • Accounting
  • Education
  • Medicine and healtH
  • Mathematics
  • Physical sciences
  • Social sciences
  • Law 

By contacting an experienced attorney, you may obtain a far greater understanding of whether your specific position may qualify for an H-1B Visa. If you obtain an H-1B Visa, it will be valid for 3 years and in some situations may be extended for an additional three years. However, if you quit or your position is terminated, your Visa will expire and you must return to your native country. Students holding H-1B Visas are required to change their immigration status by applying for H-1B employment visas upon graduating college if they are offered a job in their field of study.

Contact our experienced Bergen County firm

The H-1B Visa process is a complex, document-heavy process, and if you believe you are entitled, you must hire an experienced attorney who can help ensure everything goes smoothly. The process may be complicated, though a positive end result is rewarding, to say the least. If you are seeking an H-1B Visa, please do not hesitate to contact our experienced and compassionate immigration firm. 

We understand how much is on the line when clients face matters related to immigration. If you are in need of experienced legal counsel for matters regarding immigration, please contact the Law Offices of Salvatore A. Falletta, LLC and we would be happy to provide you with assistance. Our firm is located in Lyndhurst, New Jersey. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.