Single Blog Title

This is a single blog caption

How to Renew a Green Card

For many immigrants across the country, Green Cards provide them with the sense of security they need to go on living positive, productive lives. However, Green Cards are not permanent, and every 10 years, they must be renewed. This may seem like a daunting task, and a worrisome one at that, however, our firm is here to help. If your Green Card is either expired, or will expire within six months, reach out to our seasoned immigration law firm who is ready to help. Here are some of the questions you may have regarding the legal process going forward:

Where do I renew my Green Card?

To renew a Green Card, you must fill out the Form I-90. Fortunately, you can do this from the convenience of your own home, either online, or on paper, which you will then submit via mail. If you are someone in possession of the previous version of the alien registration card, you must replace it with a current Green Card as soon as you can. Do not wait.

Can I renew a Green Card if I am not in the country?

Those away from the U.S. and have a Green Card set to expire within six months may file their renewal car upon their return, as long as they return within one year from the date of their departure. However, if you are someone who has not applied for renewal before leaving the United States, you will have to visit a USCIS office, U.S. Consulate, or a U.S. port of entry before filing a Form 1-90.

What should I do if my Green Card renewal application is denied?

If your Green Card renewal application is denied, you may file a motion to report or reconsider with the office that determined your ineligibility. However, a positive outcome is not always easy to obtain in these situations, so you must hire a seasoned immigration attorney to help present new information that warrants a reexamination of the decision. Attorneys must prove that the denial of your application was based on an improper application of the law.

Contact our experienced New Jersey immigration firm

We understand how much is on the line when clients face matters related to immigration. If you are in need of experienced legal counsel for matters regarding immigration, please contact the Law Offices of Salvatore A. Falletta, LLC and we would be happy to provide you with assistance. Our firm is located in Lyndhurst, New Jersey. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.