Recently, USCIS has declared that U.S. veterans and service members are allowed to file Form N-400, Application for Naturalization online in an effort to make the process both easier and more efficient for those who have fought for our country. Before this, veterans and service members could only file those forms through paper applications. Fortunately, now, applicants can submit these forms online and check their status electronically. Additionally, the move allows these people to receive updates and notices regarding their application via the internet as well.
Those who are currently serving or are veterans can apply for naturalization under certain provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act, thereby waiving your application fee and other additional requirements. In certain instances, your family may also enjoy these benefits as well.
Because of the move to make much of this processing available online, you can now file 10 USCIS forms online. These forms are as follows:
- Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status (Form I-539 is the first online application filing that uses USCIS’ eProcessing strategy.)
- Form G-639, Freedom of Information/Privacy Act Request
- Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card
- Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative
- Form N-600K, Application for Citizenship and Issuance of Certificate Under Section 322
- Form N-336, Request for a Hearing on a Decision in Naturalization Proceedings (Under Section 336 of the INA)
- Form N-400, Application for Naturalization
- Form N-565, Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document
- Form N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship
- Form AR-11, Alien’s Change of Address Card
Lastly, you should understand that to file these forms online, you will first have to create an online USCIS account, and from there, you may submit, track, and check the status of those forms. You may also pay certain fees online, communicate with USCIS directly, and respond to certain requests.
For any additional concerns regarding how the move to online filing may affect your immigration status or the naturalization process, please do not hesitate to give our experienced New Jersey immigration attorney a call today. Our firm has been helping individuals through the naturalization process for years, and we are ready to do the same for you.
Contact our experienced New Jersey firm
We understand how much is on the line when clients face matters related to immigration. If you are in need of experienced legal counsel for matters regarding immigration, please contact the Law Offices of Salvatore A. Falletta, LLC and we would be happy to provide you with assistance. Our firm is located in Lyndhurst, New Jersey. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.