Single Blog Title

This is a single blog caption
law balance scale

What schools can I attend with a student visa?

Education is an important tool that people need to succeed in life. In the United States, there are many opportunities to become educated and build a successful future. Colleges and universities have different areas of study that students can choose from. They can then use this knowledge to work in a field that is applicable to their area of study. This can lead to a successful and lucrative future for them in a field that interests them. It can build a career for them that they are involved in for a lifetime.

When someone from outside the United States wants to come to the country to attend a school, they may have the ability to do so if they gain a student visa. Individuals may be eligible to apply for a student visa depending on what school they wish to attend while in the country. Student visas can be obtained for a variety of educational institutions. The M visa is for those wishing to attend a vocational or other non-academic institution. The F visa is for individuals looking to attend a university, college, high school, seminary, conservatory or private elementary school. With two options for student visas, there are more opportunities for individuals to pursue an education in the United States. This gives people options on what schools they can attend.

Who is eligible for a student visa?

Before applying for a visa, there are requirements that applicants must consider. The school you are wishing to attend must be approved as a Student and Exchange Visitor program approved school. Otherwise, you may not be able to attend the institution while living in the U.S. The applicants must apply for the visa that best fits their school program, either the M or F visa.
When trying to obtain a student visa, there are specific places to undergo the process. Visas can be requested through an embassy, consulate or even online. Once the application is completed, an interview will be scheduled to review more in-depth about your student visa. This may also include a request for more documents, such as school transcripts or diplomas.

Our firm understands how much is on the line when clients face matters related to immigration. If you are in need of experienced legal counsel for matters regarding immigration, please contact the Law Offices of Salvatore A. Falletta, LLC and we would be happy to provide you with assistance. Our firm is located in Lyndhurst, New Jersey. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.