Single Blog Title

This is a single blog caption

What You Should Know About Investor Visas in the United States

If you are a business person and you are looking to conduct trade between your country and the United States, there is a very good chance that you are looking to obtain an investor visa, otherwise known as a treaty visa. E-1 and E-2 visas are fantastic ways for investors to enter the United States while being self-employed. Generally, these visas last 5 years and give the holder the ability to renew their visa every 5 years, as long as you continue to qualify. Furthermore, obtaining one of these visas allows you to bring your family into the U.S., and they will also be admitted under the same category with the ability to obtain employment here in the U.S. As long as your business continues to qualify, you and your family may reside here in the United States indefinitely. Please continue reading and speak with our knowledgeable New Jersey employment immigration attorney to learn more about investor visas and how our firm can help you obtain one. Here are some of the questions you may have:

What is an E-1 visa?

Certain employees of treaty traders may obtain E-1 visas. However, to qualify, the trade must be traceable between the U.S. and the treaty country, the trade must involve goods, services, or money, and the trade must exist between the U.S. and a country with a ratified trade treaty. The greater the volume of trade, the greater the chance that you will obtain the visa. As long as you can prove that, should you obtain the visa, the trade will support you and your family, and that you are essential to the business, you should qualify. There is a wide array of additional qualifications you must meet, which is why you should speak to an attorney before applying.

What is an E-2 visa?

Essentially, if you are an investor of an enterprise and your enterprise is either about to be, or is currently invested in an enterprise in the United States, you have the finances needed to fund your business, and you can prove that you have the intention to come to the United States to manage the enterprise with the goal of making profit, you should qualify for an E-2 visa. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our firm today. We are here to help.

Contact our experienced New Jersey firm

We understand how much is on the line when clients face matters related to immigration. If you are in need of experienced legal counsel for matters regarding immigration, please contact the Law Offices of Salvatore A. Falletta, LLC and we would be happy to provide you with assistance. Our firm is located in Lyndhurst, New Jersey. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.