Single Blog Title

This is a single blog caption

Can I extend my visa?

When you are in the United States on a temporary visa, you may want to know whether or not there is any way for you to stay in the country legally after your visa has expired. The good news is, there are certain conditions in which you may be able to request an extension on your visa. In order to do so, you will have to make sure that you apply for the extension while the visa is still valid. The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services recommends that you apply for an extension of your nonimmigrant visa no later than 45 days before it will expire. This will ensure that your application can be processed in a timely manner before the expiration date occurs.

There are a number of other conditions that are important when a person decides that they wish to stay in the United States longer than their visa allows them to. These conditions include having entered the country legally on a nonimmigrant visa, you must not have committed any criminal offenses or other violations of your admission conditions during your time in the United States, and finally, you must have a valid passport during the entire extension.

There are certain visa categories that may not be extended. These can include a person with a fiancé visa, a crew member visa, an informant on organized crime (S nonimmigrant visa), among others. If you have questions regarding whether or not you may be able to apply for an extension on your visa, it may be beneficial for you to consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can provide you with assistance.

If you are in need of experienced legal counsel for matters regarding immigration, please contact the Law Offices of Salvatore A. Falletta, LLC and we would be happy to provide you with assistance.