Employment Immigration

Lyndhurst Employment Immigration Attorney

Gavel on Social Security IDLaw Offices of Salvatore A. Falletta, LLC has provided employees and employers quality legal services regarding immigration matters for over 20 years.  There are many options available to those who need employment visas. Law Offices of Salvatore A. Falletta handles all employment visas, including H-1B visas, L-1 visas, Investor visas, B visas, and more. Navigating the complex legal matter of satisfying the requirements to qualify for an employment visa takes the guidance of a knowledgeable attorney. If you need quality legal support through the process of obtaining a work visa, contact our firm for a consultation today.

H-1B Visas

If you are interested in entering the country on a work permit issued by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), there are many factors to consider. A work permit allows a person to legally enter the United States to take employment. Certain foreign nationals can use form I-765, an application for employment authorization, to request permission to work in the United States. Employment authorization is temporary and is for a limited and specific period of time. One of the most common temporary work visas is the H-1B visa.

L-1 Visas

An L-1 Visa is used by foreign nationals seeking temporary status for employment. There are many temporary work visas available to those who need to work temporarily in the United States. The L-1 visa has requirements that set it apart from the other options available. An L-1 visa is saved for those who will fill an executive or managerial position or are equipped with essential and expert knowledge.

Investor Visas

Investor visas, also known as treaty visas, encourage trade between our country and other treaty countries. Through E-1 and E-2 visas, an investor can enter the United States to be self-employed. There are many benefits aside from being able to employ oneself in the country as a foreign national. E-1 and E-2 visas last 5 years and can be renewed every 5 years if the investor continues to qualify. The visa holder can bring his or her family to the country and they can be admitted under the same category, making them eligible for employment authorization during the period of the visa.

Temporary Work Visas

Those who wish to enter the United States to temporarily work need to acquire a visa in order to do so. A temporary worker visa will allow an individual to take employment in the country for a limited capacity and for a limited period of time. Though some temporary visas will allow a person to work for any employer. Others limit the applicant to one employer, enterprise, or company.

PERM Visas

There are many instances where an employer and worker find a mutual interest in changing the status of the employee from a nonimmigrant to a lawful permanent resident and holder of a green card. This allows an individual to live and work in the United States indefinitely, with or without eventual naturalization. In March of 2005, the federal government implemented a completely electronic labor certification system called PERM that allows the government to reduce processing times for labor certification to under 60 days.