Single Blog Title

This is a single blog caption

How do I Help my Relative Become a Permanent Resident in the U.S.?

If you are a U.S. citizen, there is a very good chance your relatives may gain U.S. citizenship through you via the Form I-130. Please read on and reach out to our experienced New Jersey immigration attorney to learn more about how our firm can help. Here are some of the questions you may have:

Where do I file a Form I-130?

Depending on your current living situation, you will have to file your form in a certain way. For example, those who reside in the United States must file their form either at the Dallas, Chicago, or Phoenix Lockbox. Additionally, if you are someone who is currently residing outside of the United States, you will have to file at the USCIS Dallas Lockbox facility. However, in certain cases, if you live outside of the United States, are over the age of 21 and are filing either for a spouse, unmarried child under the age of 21, or for a parent, you may do so at the USCIS international office in the country where you currently reside. Lastly, U.S. citizens who reside outside of the U.S. in a country that does not have a USCIS international lockbox, you may file at the Dallas lockbox.

When you fill out your form, you are required to address the relationship you have to the immigrant, your name, date of birth, marital information, mailing address, as well as the beneficiary’s full name, date of birth, physical address, and marital information.

How much does it cost to file?

It costs $535 to file, and you are required to pay the fee either with a personal check, a money order, or a cashier’s check, or by credit card using Form G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions.

What information do I have to provide to file a Form I-130?

When you apply, you must provide various documentation to prove that you and your relative qualify. For example, you must provide evidence of your U.S. citizenship, lawful permanent residence, or U.S. national status. Additionally, you will have to provide evidence of your familial relationship via a copy of a marriage certificate, your child’s birth certificate, a copy of your birth certificate, and more depending on the familial relationship in question. If you are in this situation, you must speak with our experienced immigration firm to ensure you have all the documentation needed to proceed.

Contact our experienced New Jersey firm

We understand how much is on the line when clients face matters related to immigration. If you are in need of experienced legal counsel for matters regarding immigration, please contact the Law Offices of Salvatore A. Falletta, LLC and we would be happy to provide you with assistance. Our firm is located in Lyndhurst, New Jersey. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.