Single Blog Title

This is a single blog caption

How Do I Renew a Green Card in New Jersey?

A Green Card can open so many doors. It allows you to apply for a driver’s license, a Social Security card, and more. Additionally, if you are someone who travels internationally, or plans on traveling for a significant amount of time, a Green Card will grant your admittance back into the U.S., as long as you are gone for less than a year. While a Green Card has many benefits, they are not permanent– Your Green Card must be renewed every 10 years. Read on to learn more about how to renew your Green Card in New Jersey.

How do I Renew my Green Card?

To renew a Green Card, you must fill out the Form I-90. Fortunately, you can do this from the convenience of your own home, either online, or on paper, which you can then submit via mail. If you are someone in possession of the previous version of the alien registration card, you must replace it with a current Green Card as soon as possible.

Can I Renew a Green Card if I am not in the Country?

Those away from the U.S. and have a Green Card set to expire within six months may file their renewal car upon their return, as long as they return within one year from the date of their departure. However, if you have not applied for renewal before leaving the United States, you will have to visit a USCIS office, U.S. Consulate, or a U.S. port of entry before filing a Form 1-90.

What Should I do if my Green Card Renewal Application is Denied?

There is a chance that your application may be denied. If your Green Card renewal application is denied, you cannot file an appeal. However, you may file a motion to report or reconsider with the office that determined your ineligibility. That being said, a positive outcome is not always easy to obtain in these situations. You must prove that the denial of your application was based on an improper application of the law. As a result, it is best to hire a seasoned immigration attorney to help present new information that warrants a reexamination of the decision.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding Green Card renewal in New Jersey, contact our firm today.

Contact our experienced New Jersey firm

We understand how much is on the line when clients face matters related to immigration. If you are in need of experienced legal counsel for matters regarding immigration, please contact the Law Offices of Salvatore A. Falletta, LLC and we would be happy to provide you with assistance. Our firm is located in Lyndhurst, New Jersey. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.