Single Blog Title

This is a single blog caption

What schools can I attend with a student visa?

When individuals look to obtain an education in the United States, they may be eligible to enter into the country. In order to do so, they have to be approved for a student visa. There are two types of visas for students. These include the M and F student visas. With these two types, individuals are able to attend a variety of schools.

The M visa is for those wishing to attend a vocational or other non-academic institution. The F visa is for individuals looking to attend a university, college, high school, seminary, conservatory or private elementary school. With a student visa, these individuals will be able to enter the country and obtain an education.

What makes me eligible for a student visa?

To be eligible for a student visa, there are a few requirements that are needed. Before choosing whether the M or F visa is appropriate, you must be accepted by a Student and Exchange Visitor program approved school. Then you will apply for the appropriate visa based upon your school preference. To go through the student visa process, there are specific places to undergo the process. Visas can be requested through an embassy, consulate or even online. Once the application is completed, an interview will be scheduled to review more in-depth about your student visa.

How do I prepare for the interview portion of the process?

First, gather documents that are required for the interview. These documents may include a passport that will be eligible for six months beyond the stay period, an application fee receipt, the I-20 form and a certificate of eligibility for an F-1 or M-1 visa. A photo of yourself may also be required to prove your identity. A nonimmigrant visa application can also be viewed.

Other documents that involve your school history may be requested. This can include transcripts, diplomas, degrees or any certificates you may have received. Some interviews may not be necessary based on the individual applying for the student visa. If the interviewee is under 13 years old or over 80 years old, they may be excused from having to attend an interview session. However, this decision is based upon the consular officer’s final call.

Our firm understands how much is on the line when clients face matters related to immigration. If you are in need of experienced legal counsel for matters regarding immigration, please contact the Law Offices of Salvatore A. Falletta, LLC and we would be happy to provide you with assistance. Our firm is located in Lyndhurst, New Jersey. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.