Single Blog Title

This is a single blog caption
united states flag

What to Know About Investor Visas in New Jersey

If you are looking to immigrant to the United States, it is important to find the visa that is right for you. Read on to learn more about investor visas.

How do I Apply for an Investor Visa?

In order to apply for a visa, you will need to submit the following documents:

  • Petitioner documents
  • Two photographs for identification
  • Medical examination forms
  • Marriage certificates
  • Birth certificates
  • Your passport, as well as your family member’s passports
  • Form DS-260, Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application
  • Finally, you will have to prove that you will never become a public charge to the United States. Simply put, this means that you must demonstrate you do not, and will not need to use various public benefit programs, including Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, income maintenance, Supplemental Security Income, most forms of Medicaid, certain housing programs, or the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.

What is an E-1 visa?

Certain employees of treaty traders may obtain E-1 visas. In order to qualify, the trade must be traceable between the U.S. and the treaty country, the trade must involve goods, services, or money, and the trade must exist between the U.S. and a country with a ratified trade treaty.

The greater the volume of trade, the greater the chance that you will obtain the visa. As long as you can prove that, should you obtain the visa, the trade will support you and your family, and that you are essential to the business, you should qualify. There is a wide array of additional qualifications you must meet, which is why you should speak to an attorney before applying.

What is an E-2 visa?

Essentially, if you are an investor of an enterprise and your enterprise is either about to be, or is currently invested in an enterprise in the United States, you have the finances needed to fund your business, and you can prove that you have the intention to come to the United States to manage the enterprise with the goal of making profit, you should qualify for an E-2 visa.

If you have any questions or concerns about investor visas, reach out to our firm.

Contact our experienced New Jersey firm

We understand how much is on the line when clients face matters related to immigration. If you are in need of experienced legal counsel for matters regarding immigration, please contact the Law Offices of Salvatore A. Falletta, LLC and we would be happy to provide you with assistance. Our firm is located in Lyndhurst, New Jersey. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.