Single Blog Title

This is a single blog caption

Who can get a temporary work visa?

Those who are seeking entry into the United States due to employment purposes may be able to legally do so. They should seek a temporary work visa. This can give them the access they need to get into the country and reside here while they continue to be employed. Temporary work visas only grant individuals the ability to stay in the country for certain periods of time. This is to give them the time for employment, but not for an indefinite period of time. For each temporary work visa, the time period may vary. Your employer will have to file a petition with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services on your behalf. This can start the process to give you access to a visa that can get you into the country.

How are these visas categorized?

There are many different types of temporary work visas depending on the kind of employment you are guaranteed. Based on your employment opportunity and the career title, your visa can differ. Each visa may have a different duration of time that gives the individual the ability to stay in the country. The I-1 visa is for foreign media outlets that wish to enter the country to report and cover topics. The L visa is for intracompany transferees for executive, managerial positions or individuals with specialized knowledge. The O visa is for persons with extraordinary ability or achievements in certain fields that can include the arts and sciences. P-1 visas are for athletes and entertainers that need to play in a game or perform. A P-2 visa is for artists and entertainers that perform as part of an exchange program. The P-3 visa is for artists or entertainers that come to the country to teach or educate through a cultural program. A Q-1 visa gives someone the ability to travel as part of an international cultural exchange program. These temporary work visas vary based on your specific employment opportunity. It ranges from professional athletes to those in managerial positions. Since these positions vary greatly, the time these employees are allowed in the country for can vary. Some athletes may have a temporary work visa to be granted access only for a few days when they have a game or match. Other employees may be granted several weeks or months to remain in the U.S.

Our firm understands how much is on the line when clients face matters related to immigration. If you are in need of experienced legal counsel for matters regarding immigration, please contact the Law Offices of Salvatore A. Falletta, LLC and we would be happy to provide you with assistance. Our firm is located in Lyndhurst, New Jersey. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.