Single Blog Title

This is a single blog caption
child with backpack

Applying for a Student Visa

When an individual wishes to temporarily come to the United States to further their education, they will have to obtain a student visa. With that said, it is important to gather information regarding the different types of visas that are available for students. An F visa exists for students to attend the following education sources:

  • University
  • College
  • Private elementary school
  • High School
  • Seminary school
  • Conservatory

The other type of student visa that can be obtained is an M visa. This is available for students who wish to attend a vocational school or another type of institution that is nonacademic in nature. Regardless of which visa one decides fits them best, they will have to apply for it through a Form I-20. Once the application is submitted, the individual will have to attend an interview as long as they are between the ages of 13 and 80.

All applicants must bring certain documentation to their interview, including a passport that is valid at least 6 months after the period of stay, a nonimmigrant visa application, an application fee receipt, a Form I-20, a certificate of eligibility, a photo, school transcripts, diplomas, degrees, and certificates, if applicable.

If you have questions about applying for a student visa, speak with an experienced attorney today.

We understand how much is on the line when clients face matters related to immigration. If you are in need of experienced legal counsel for matters regarding immigration, please contact the Law Offices of Salvatore A. Falletta, LLC and we would be happy to provide you with assistance. Our firm is located in Lyndhurst, New Jersey. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.