Single Blog Title

This is a single blog caption

Can I become employed in the U.S. as a noncitizen?

If individuals are presented with a job opportunity, this can be quite exciting. However, matters may be more complicated if the job is in the United States and the individual is a resident of a foreign country. For these people, they have the ability to enter the country for this opportunity. However, they need to take certain steps before arriving. Before entering the country, a work permit needs to be granted by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. Some foreign nations can fill out a I-765 form. This application will request permission to work in the United States.

When individuals are granted this permission to enter into the U.S. and work in the country, they will be given access only for a specific period of time. After this period of time is over, they may have the opportunity to extend their employment visa.

What are some work visas?

These types of nonimmigrant employment visas are for professionals. Those who are entering the country to perform this job are highly specialized in a certain profession. When student visas are about to expire, these graduated students may wish to extend their visa if they receive a job offer. In this case, they may wish to acquire an H-1B visa.

Another type of work visa is the L-1 visa. This visa is different from other ones because it is reserved for an employee in a specific position. These types of visas are only for immigrants who are taking on a managerial or executive role. The individuals could also be using this visa if they are equipped with essential or expert knowledge. With an L-1 visa, individuals can have some support when applying for permanent residency in the country.

What other opportunities are there to gain access into the country?

Investor visas are another type of employment opportunity for those who want to enter the United States. Investors are then able to enter into the country when they gain approval for this visa. With these visas, trade is easily facilitated between the U.S. and treaty countries. When individuals are approved for an investor visa, they are permitted to bring their families with them into the country. Your family will then be placed in the same category as you when you enter.

It will also make your family eligible for employment authorization while the investor visa is in effect. These E-1 and E-2 visas last 5 years and may be renewed every 5 years if you continue to qualify for it.

If you and your employer both find an interest in changing your status to a lawful resident of the United States, a PERM visa may be an option for you. This will grant you a green card, allowing you to live and work in the U.S. without a specific period of time stated. It will then grant permanent residency for the individual. With a PERM visa, they must be requested by the employer.

Our firm understands how much is on the line when clients face matters related to immigration. If you are in need of experienced legal counsel for matters regarding immigration, please contact the Law Offices of Salvatore A. Falletta, LLC and we would be happy to provide you with assistance. Our firm is located in Lyndhurst, New Jersey. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.