Single Blog Title

This is a single blog caption
apple with books

Do I have to complete an interview to acquire a student visa?

Individuals from other countries may wish to enter the United States to gain an education from an institution located here. In order to do so, they must acquire a student visa to get access into the country and to remain here for the duration of their education. There are steps these individuals must go complete to ensure that they are able to acquire a student visa and enter the country for educational purposes. For this application process, an interview may be a required part of the process so that these individuals can be approved for a student visa. However, age limits are also in place for certain individuals. If an individual is under 13 years old or over 80 years old, they may not have to go to an interview to be approved for a student visa.

For individuals that need to attend an interview to complete their student visa application process, it is important to gather documents to be examined by your interviewer. These documents can include a passport that will be valid through the length of your stay and six months after it, a non-immigrant visa application, a photo, a certificate of eligibility for an F-1 or M-1 visa, the I-20 form and an application fee receipt. The applicant may also be required to provide proof of their academic studies, which can include standardized test scores, transcripts, diplomas, degrees and other additional documents.

What other steps do I have to take?

Before applying for a student visa, individuals should ensure that they have a school selected that they wish to attend. This school must be approved by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program to make the student eligible for a student visa. This is a requirement for the process. The school should be approved by this program otherwise the individual may not be eligible for a student visa. Once someone decides on a school that is approved, they will have to apply for an M or F visa based on their choice of school in the country. An M visa is for vocational schools or other recognized non-academic institutions. THe F visa is for most other schools. These schools can include university or college, private elementary school, high school, seminary, conservatory, language training program and other recognized academic institutions. It is important to choose the right visa based on the type of school you wish to attend while in the United States.

Our firm understands how much is on the line when clients face matters related to immigration. If you are in need of experienced legal counsel for matters regarding immigration, please contact the Law Offices of Salvatore A. Falletta, LLC and we would be happy to provide you with assistance. Our firm is located in Lyndhurst, New Jersey. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.