Single Blog Title

This is a single blog caption

What are the Different Types of Employment Visas?

There are various visas that permit immigrants from various countries to stay and work in the United States, though they each vary in purpose. This is why you need an experienced New Jersey immigration attorney who can sit down with you and get a better understanding of your profession and from there, determine whether you will qualify for any of the following visas:

  • B-1 visas: These give individuals the ability to come to the United States for a short period of time so they can attend conferences, meetings, seminars, or other brief events.
  • H-1B: These visas are for professional employees who are seeking to work in a specialized field.
  • H-2 visas: These are visas designated specifically for “unskilled” foreign workers who are looking to obtain employment in a temporary or seasonal position here in the United States.
  • R – These are for individuals from other countries who are looking to do religious work here in the United States for a certain period of time.
  • TN visas: These visas are exclusively reserved for Mexican or Canadian professionals with sponsors in the U.S.
  • F – M Student visas
  • O – Visas
  • P – Visa

As you know, all employment visas are exclusively issued for a limited period of time, meaning they are not permanent. However, in many cases, you can ask to have your visa extended one or more times, in which case you can continue living and working here in the United States. That being said, once your final extension is up, you will have to return to your home country. You should note, however, that in certain cases, if you are a nonimmigrant worker and you are seeking permanent residence here in the United States, in certain cases, you may go through the PERM labor certification process, which can allow you to stay and work in the United States after your final visa extension is up. You will need both your employer and an experienced New Jersey employment immigration attorney to participate in this process, as it is a complex and often lengthy one, however, if all goes according to plan, there is a very good chance you may receive a green card and obtain lawful permanent residence. Our firm is here to help you–all you have to do is pick up the phone and give us a call today.

Contact our experienced New Jersey firm

We understand how much is on the line when clients face matters related to immigration. If you are in need of experienced legal counsel for matters regarding immigration, please contact the Law Offices of Salvatore A. Falletta, LLC and we would be happy to provide you with assistance. Our firm is located in Lyndhurst, New Jersey. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.