Single Blog Title

This is a single blog caption

What is an Immigrant Investor Visa?

There are few things more exciting than starting or expanding a business here in America. If you are an immigrant investor, you are most likely now looking into obtaining an immigrant investor visa. Please continue reading and speak with our experienced New Jersey immigration attorneys to learn more about the legal process going forward:

How can I obtain an immigrant investor visa?

Those who are seeking immigrant investor visas in the United States must go through several steps. First, you must prove you are an immigrant investor who is willing to invest either $500,000 in a high-unemployment or rural area, or that you are ready to invest $1 million in a qualifying commercial enterprise in the United States, and that as a result, you plan on having a positive effect on the United States economy via job creation and capital investment. In immigrant investor visa is known as the Form I-526, Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur, and you will have to file the Form with USCIS. Many immigrant investors are also happy to learn that their spouses, as well as their unmarried children who are under the age of 21, are also frequently eligible to apply for these visas.

What documents will I need to obtain an immigrant investor visa?

Before you can receive your visa, you will have to submit various forms and documents to USCIS to prove your eligibility. These documents are as follows:

  • Petitioner documents
  • Two photographs for identification
  • Medical examination forms
  • Marriage certificates
  • Birth certificates
  • Your passport, as well as your family member’s passports
  • Form DS-260, Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application
  • Finally, you will have to prove that you will never become a public charge to the United States. Simply put, this means that you must demonstrate you do not, and will not need to use various public benefit programs, including Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, income maintenance, Supplemental Security Income, most forms of Medicaid, certain housing programs, or the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.

As long as all of your information checks out, you will receive a medical examination, and if you pass, you may schedule your interview at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate. The experienced employment immigration attorney at the Law Offices of Salvatore A. Falletta, LLC is here to help you through every step of the process–all you have to do is ask.

Contact our experienced New Jersey firm

We understand how much is on the line when clients face matters related to immigration. If you are in need of experienced legal counsel for matters regarding immigration, please contact the Law Offices of Salvatore A. Falletta, LLC and we would be happy to provide you with assistance. Our firm is located in Lyndhurst, New Jersey. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.