Single Blog Title

This is a single blog caption
united states flag

What Should I do if I Lose my Green Card?

While for many immigrants, obtaining a Green Card is their first sigh of relief in a long time, this feeling may quickly turn to panic if the Green Card is lost, stolen, or destroyed. Fortunately, if your Green Card has been lost, there is no need to panic. If you find yourself in this situation, please read on to learn about what you can do to get your Green Card back.

Where can I file a Form I-90 application?

The Form I-90 application can be completed and sent either online or by mail. However, you must fill out the application meticulously. If you do not submit an application that is complete in its entirety, you will be denied access to a replacement Green Card. You will have to include your family name, signature, mailing address, and more in your application. If you need assistance completing your Form I-90 application, please do not hesitate to contact our firm.

If you do not have an online account, you can simply send a paper application by mail. From here, the USCIS will create your online account and send you an Account Acceptance Notice which will tell you, step-by-step, how to access your account, pay your filing fee, check the status of your application, manage contact information, and receive status updates.

What is the cost of a replacement Green Card?

It is not cheap to replace your Green Card, however, as you surely know, it’s worth it. Generally, a Green Card replacement will cost $455, though sometimes, they will come with an additional $85 biometric services fee. If you filed your Form I-90 by mail, you may pay your fee either by money order, personal check, cashier’s check, or even by credit card using the Form G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions. Those paying by check must make the check payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

What do I need to replace a lost, stolen, or destroyed Green Card?

You will have to provide USCIS with a copy of either your Permanent Resident Card or another government-issued form of identification that has your name, photograph, date of birth, and signature. If you recently lost your Green Card, time is of the essence. To ensure you obtain a replacement Green Card as swiftly as possible, reach out to our knowledgeable immigration firm.

Contact our experienced Bergen County firm

We understand how much is on the line when clients face matters related to immigration. If you are in need of experienced legal counsel for matters regarding immigration, please contact the Law Offices of Salvatore A. Falletta, LLC and we would be happy to provide you with assistance. Our firm is located in Lyndhurst, New Jersey. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.