Single Blog Title

This is a single blog caption
U.S. citizenship form

What You Need to Know About H-1B Visas

Many immigrants are allowed to legally work in the United States every year after obtaining work permits from USCIS. To obtain one of these work permits, foreign nationals will generally fill out form I-765, which is an application for employment autorization. As long as their application is approved, they will be authorized to legally work here in the U.S. This is a great means for foreign nationals to make a living here. Oftentimes, when seeking an employment visa, foreign nationals will look to obtain the H-1B visa. If you are someone who has been looking into gaining employment in the U.S., you have most likely heard of this visa before. Please continue reading and speak with our knowledgebale New Jersey employment immigration attorney to learn more about the H-1B visa, whether you qualify for one, and how we can help you obtain one. Here are some of the questions you may have:

What is the H-1B Visa?

Essentially, the H-1B is a nonimmigrant visa that gives foreign nationals temporary authorization to work here in the United States. However, you should note that not anyone can obtain the H-1B visa, as it is largely restricted to certain specialty occupations. In many cases, these occupations either require a bachelor’s degree or its equivelent in work experience. Some examples of specialty occupations are as follows:

  • Engineering
  • Mathematics
  • Medicine and health
  • Education Law
  • Accounting
  • Physical sciences
  • Social sciences
  • Biotechnology
  • Architecture

What is the H-1B process like?

If you are issued an H-1B visa, you will be authorized to work in the United States for three years, though you may renew your visa for an additional three years. Furthermore, if you quit or are terminated, you will have to return to your native country. You should understand that these visas are not immediately granted, and can sometimes take up to 90 days. That being said, if you have no received notice regarding your visa within 90 days, you may receive a 240-day interim authorization to work in the U.S. until USCIS decides on granting you a full 3-year visa.

If you have any additional questions about H-1B visas and whether you qualify for one, please do not hesitate to pick up the phone and give our experienced Lyndhurst employment immigration attorney a call today. We are here to help you through every step of the process ahead.

Contact our experienced New Jersey firm

We understand how much is on the line when clients face matters related to immigration. If you are in need of experienced legal counsel for matters regarding immigration, please contact the Law Offices of Salvatore A. Falletta, LLC and we would be happy to provide you with assistance. Our firm is located in Lyndhurst, New Jersey. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.