Single Blog Title

This is a single blog caption

What should Military Personnel know about obtaining citizenship?

The United States recognizes that many of its Military Personnel members who are not citizens may want to undergo the naturalization process to gain their citizenship. They are allowed to do so in times of what is known as peacetime. There are a number of qualifications that you must abide by in order to apply for your citizenship as a member of Military Personnel. Some of those qualifications include being at least or over the age of 18, have the ability to communicate fluently in English, be able to pass the civics test, have a permanent residency during the time when you apply for naturalization, and have served with honor for the United States for at least a year.

Another provision that must be considered is that the service member must have lived within the United States for a minimum of five years. They are allowed to leave the country but must have been present for a minimum of 30 months.

There are also options that the family members of Military Personnel such as the spouse and children can take. In order to be eligible for naturalization as the spouse of a member of the Military who is already a U.S. Citizen, you must be above the age of 18, be able to pass the civics exam, have good moral character, be able to communicate in basic English, and prove that you are a obtaining your citizenship in good faith with good moral character.

If you or your spouse are interested in beginning the naturalization process as a member of the Military, you should contact an experienced immigration attorney who can assist you.

If you are in need of experienced legal counsel for matters of immigration, please contact the Law Offices of Salvatore A. Falletta, LLC.