Single Blog Title

This is a single blog caption

What is an EAD?

Immigrants from all around the world seek work in the United States. Fortunately, EADs, or Employment Authorizations Documents, make that dream a reality for immigrants everywhere. If you are someone seeking an EAD, there are several things you need to know regarding the EAD approval, renewal, and restoration processes. If receiving an EAD sounds like something that may benefit you or your family, please read on to learn more about the process going forward:

How do I get an EAD?

To get an EAD, you will file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization. If you are someone who is either authorized to work in the United States because of your immigration status and now need to provide evidence of your employment authorization, or if you are required to apply for permission to work with a pending Form I-485, Form I-589, or a nonimmigrant status that permits your remaining in the United States, you will most likely need an EAD.

Can I renew an EAD?

If you have already obtained an EAD, you must have it renewed no more than 180 days after your original EAD expired. To renew your EAD, you will simply file a new Form I-765. If you would like assistance through the EAD process, do not hesitate to reach out to our experienced immigration firm.

What should I do if my EAD is lost or stolen?

If your EAD is lost, stolen, or destroyed, you may apply for a new one. To do so, you will file a new Form I-765, that may come with a filing fee unless you request a waiver and it is approved. On the other hand, if your EAD has incorrect information at the fault of the USCIS, you may provide them with your original card and a complete explanation as to why it needs a change. However, if your card has a mistake and it was your fault, you will be required to submit a filing fee, as well as a new Form I-765, the original card, along with all additional documents specified in the form.

Contact our experienced New Jersey immigration firm

We understand how much is on the line when clients face matters related to immigration. If you are in need of experienced legal counsel for matters regarding immigration, please contact the Law Offices of Salvatore A. Falletta, LLC and we would be happy to provide you with assistance. Our firm is located in Lyndhurst, New Jersey. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.